Taking care of your scented candles is an important task! We've put some handy tips together to make sure you get the most from your SLAB LAB candle.
- Always trim the wick to 0.25 inch before burning!
- Keep the wax pool clear of debris. Remove anything before burning as this clogs the wax.
- Place your candle on a heat resistant surface.
- For safety, always keep the candle away from children, pets and any flammable materials.
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts which can cause sooting or uneven burning.
- Burn candles for two to four hours at a time. On the first burn, make sure the melted pool of wax reaches the side of the jar.
- Extinguish the candle carefully using a candle snuffer.
- Wait until the candle has cooled before touching the glass or moving the candle.
- Make sure you stop using your candle when 0.5 inch of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.
- Clean out and recycle your candle glass. If there is any wax left in your jar, make sure to check with your local council of how to dispose of the wax.
- You can always repurpose your glass - put pens in it, make it into a small vase or leave your spare change in there!
Check out our FAQ page for other questions asked about SLAB LAB candles.